Mental health care is more important than ever. Treatment and emergency services for children and adolescents are still available. Continuing or starting services is critical and contact information is provided below along with family education and support resources.

Please contact our office if the resources below do not answer your questions.

MindPeace Office
(513) 803-0844

Get the Latest News! »

COVID-19 and Mental Health

In collaboration with 1N5 we are offering The State of Mind Speakers Series which consists of video presentations and webinars intended to promote mental health and wellness during this uniquely challenging time.


Crisis Support

For mental health a crisis or emergencies, patients and families are encouraged to contact their current mental health provider first.   This allows the mental health provider, who knows your child best, to provide support and direction.

If your child does not have a mental health provider, and they are experiencing a non-life threatening mental health crisis, you are encouraged to contact the Psychiatric Intake Response Center (PIRC) at CCHMC 513.636.4124.  The PIRC staff will help you to decide the most effective level of intervention for your child’s mental health crisis – which may include an urgent psychiatric assessment in the PIRC Bridge Clinic.

You should call 911 or go to the emergency department if you are experiencing a medical emergency, a life-threatening mental health crisis, or are directed to go there by a medical provider. This will help limit the spread of the virus in our community and allow our emergency departments to care for patients with the most critical needs first.

Crisis Support by Agency
This listing is the emergency and acute services contacts for providers who are already providing treatment to your child.

The Psychiatric Intake Response Center (PIRC), located within Cincinnati Children’s, is the admission and evaluation center for all psychiatric services.

Pediatric Mental Health Urgent Care
(513) 527-3040, open Monday-Friday 3-10pm
5051 Duck Creek Rd. Cincinnati, Ohio

Drug and Poison Control
The Cincinnati Drug and Poison Information Center (DPIC) at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center is a 24-hour emergency and information telephone service for anyone with concerns about poison or drugs.

Lighthouse Crisis Center
The Youth Crisis Center provides a safe haven for youth ages 10-17 who are physically or sexually abused, neglected, or for some other reason believe they can’t safely be in their own homes.

County Crisis Hotlines

Butler County Crisis Hotline
(844) 4CRISIS (1-844-427-4747)
A 24-hour crisis hotline and heroin hopeline.  Service also coordinated with the butler county mobile crisis team.

Clermont County Crisis Hotline
(513) 528-SAVE (7283)
This is a free and confidential hotline available 24/7.  This is also the same number for the Mobile Crisis Team in Clermont County.

Hamilton County Crisis Hotline
(513) 281-CARE (2273) or text 4Hope to 839863
Emergency phone lines are staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week and offer crisis intervention and referral services.

Northern Kentucky Crisis Hotline
(859) 331-3292 or (877) 331-3292
A 24/7 crisis hotline for residents of the 8 northern counties in Kentucky.

Warren and Clinton Counties Hotline
(877) 695-NEED (6333)
A 24-hour crisis hotline servicing both Warren and Clinton Counties.

Mobile Crisis Teams

Butler County Mobile Crisis Team
(844) 427-4747

Butler, Clinton, Preble and Warren County Mobile Response Stabilization Services (ages 0-21)
(513) 785-2160

Clermont County Mobile Crisis Team
(513) 528-7283

Hamilton County Mobile Crisis Team
(513) 584-5098

Counseling Support

Care is Available Now. Treatment might be via phone, video conferencing or in person in the community.

If your child is already in treatment at schools, get in touch with your therapist right away using the contacts provided in the lead mental health partner links below.

If you want to start treatment, use the lead mental health partner links below to make an appointment. Use the Search Providers link below for other options or call the MindPeace office at 513.803.0844.

Counseling Support in Neighborhoods

Holidays and Summer Breaks
Resources By Topic
School Advocacy

For information on school advocacy, please visit our Advocate page.

Sleep Health
Substance Abuse

If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction this is a list of inpatient and outpatient resources for help.

General Information

Parents with Substance Abuse Disorders

  • Addiction Services Council assists with Interventions for Families: (513)281-7880 or (859) 415-9280 for Northern Kentucky
  • Central Clinic Substance Abuse Services for Adults: (513) 558-2701
  • FAIR (Family Access to Integrated Recovery) assists JFS involved youth and adults with behavioral health problems with access to treatment services: (513) 651-4142
  • First Step Home provides treatment for opiate addicted pregnant women: (513) 961-4663
  • GLAD House works with high risk youth who have been impacted emotionally and behaviorally by a family member with addiction: (513)641-5530

Children who have Experienced the Death of a Loved One due to Substance Abuse

  • Fernside is a center for grieving children that provides grief support for youth and parents (groups are not specifically designated for those who have lost a loved one due to substance abuse): (513) 246-9140

Alcohol and Other Drug Hamilton County Providers (Contracted with HCMHRSB)
*youth serving providers

Other Community Resources

  • Central Clinic –Substance Abuse Early Intervention Services for youth: (513) 558-5878
  • Drug and Poison Information Center: (513) 636-5111
  • Greater Cincinnati Behavioral JOURNEY Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment (IDDT): Make a referral by calling (513) 558-6506
  • Lighthouse Youth Services: (513) 221-3350
  • Talbert House: (513) 221-HELP (4357)
  • The Children’s Home of Cincinnati: (513) 272-2800

Resource Websites and Toolkits

  • The website for the Hamilton County Heroin Coalition provides information about prevention, education, treatment, and support resources addressing opiate abuse.
    Website: Hamilton County Heroin Coalition
  • The Parents360 Rx Action Toolkit can be used by professionals from law enforcement, prevention and treatment, as well as by any concerned adults who want to share information about medicine abuse with their friends, family, neighbors and organizations to which they belong.
    Website: Parents360-Toolkit
  • Ohio Initiatives to Fight Opiate and Prescription Abuse
    The website provides guidance on everything from preventing overdose deaths and promote responsible prescribing practices to expanding access to Medication – Assisted Treatment and embracing specialized docket programs to close the revolving door of addiction and crime. The resource includes technical support contacts at the state level, guidance on accessing relevant data and trend information as well as a checklist for building an effective local response.
    The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA’s mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities.
    Substance Abuse Treatment Finder:
Support Groups

Support groups are a way to connect with people of common experiences and provide support and encouragement to one another.

  • Parents’ Guide to Getting Good Care
    This interactive module made by the Child Mind Institute walks parents through common questions they have about mental health and looking for help.
  • Sesame Street toolkits provide opportunities to build closeness and confidence, making learning fun, and keep your child’s world safe and secure. Tookits feature information on divorce, eating well on a budget, grief, incarceration, resilience and more.

Transitions in life can be difficult when going to high school, college or the workforce.  Below are resources for youth and parents entering this transition.

Go To Transitions Page »