Getting Mental Health and Academic Support at Cincinnati State


Office of Counseling Services

Location: Main Building, Room 168

Phone: (513) 569-5779

Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday

8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Tuesday and Friday



About Us

The Counseling Office is a part of the Student Development Division and offers counseling and assistance to enrolled students. Services are provided by professionally trained counselors who are committed to a student’s right to privacy, within professional guidelines and legal limitations. All services are confidential.



The Counseling Office generally operates on an appointment basis. Students who want an initial meeting with a counselor should call or stop by the office to schedule an appointment.



Mental Health and personal counseling services are free of charge to enrolled students. Career Counseling is open to enrolled and potential students of Cincinnati State Technical and Community College.


Who Provides Counseling Services?

The staff consists of full-time and adjunct licensed mental health professionals.



Counselors are personally, professionally, and legally committed to the students’ right to privacy. Counseling protects the confidentiality of students in all aspects of services including student files and student information. Information will not be disclosed outside of the Counseling Office without a students’ written permission, with the exception of circumstances which would result in clear danger to the individual or others or as may be required by law.

Office of Disability Services

Location: Room 129 – Main Building

Phone: (513) 569-1775; TTY: (513) 559-1527

Hours: 8am-6:30pm Monday and Tuesday

8 am – 8 pm Wednesday and Thursday

8 am – 4 pm Friday




About Us

The Office of Disability Services (ODS) works with students having special needs to ensure they receive reasonable academic accommodations in courses of study, according to their individual needs. The goal: to guarantee that all students with disabilities have an equal opportunity in the pursuit of their educational objectives.

Eligible students are strongly encouraged to tap the services of this office. College studies show that students who consistently use ODS resources and accommodation services earn higher grades and graduate at a higher rate than students who choose not to use them.


Who is eligible?

Any otherwise qualified student or prospective student who states that he or she has a disability as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) or the guidelines for section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 may register with this office.

To register for services, a student or prospective student must first provide appropriate documentation of disability. Student documentation should be current, typed, signed and on official letterhead.

It should include: Student’s Name and Date of Birth Diagnosis– This may be a high school ETR or letter from a Doctor or other Professional. If it is a letter from a Doctor or other Professional, it should include supporting tests used to determine the disability. Academic implications of disability Recommendations for the student

Documentation may be faxed to 513-569-4744 or emailed to

NOTE: IEP paperwork alone is not appropriate documentation of a disability. Actual diagnostic work-up report(s) must also be submitted.


How to register?

To register for services, a student or prospective student must meet with the special needs counselor and provide appropriate documentation of a disability.



Accommodations are free of charge to qualified students.